Product code: 73210418
Recreate the splendour of one of the world’s great cities: London.
London and its most famous building are waiting to be built again. There’s the National Gallery, Nelson's Column, London Eye, Big Ben and Tower Bridge that come together to create an inspirational and instantly recognisable setting.
Each individual LEGO® structure provides a unique and rewarding building experience, with true-to-life colour and relative scale depiction. The Thames River is represented in the tiled baseplate, adding an extra dimension and feel of authenticity to this wonderful model that focuses on London’s amazing architectural.
- Packaged: 28 x 20 x 39.8cm
- LEGO Architecture
- Suitable From
- 12 years
- Toys Type
- Building Blocks
- Warning! Not suitable for children under 3 years
The company that was destined to become LEGO started life as being a small workshop that produced wooden toys, run by Ole Kirk Christiansen in 1932. The name ‘LEGO’ was adopted in 1934, coming from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’, which means ‘play well’. It wasn’t until 1947 that they started producing plastic toys, with the first version of the now infamous interlocking bricks coming in 1949.
They weren’t quite the bricks that people are used to nowadays, being made from a different material and having a slightly different locking system. It was actually Christiansen’s son Godtfred Kirk that saw the potential for the bricks to become a tool for creative play and in 1958, the modern brick design was born. From this date, despite variation in the design and purpose of individual pieces over the years, each remains compatible in some way with previous pieces. So you could have a LEGO set from 1958 and it would still be completely compatible with a modern set.
Since the 1960, thousands of sets have been released covering everything from Aliens to the Wild West. The only area that the company has never tackled directly is military-themed sets, because Ole Kirk set a policy that they must never make war seem like child’s play. The largest ever LEGO set to date is a scale-model of the Taj Mahal, which was made out of 5922 pieces.
The LEGO Group's motto is ‘det bedste er ikke for godt’, which roughly translates to "only the best is the best". Ole Kirk Christiansen came up with this phrase to encourage workers to always produce the highest quality toys possible.
Nowadays, LEGO makes a vast range of toys for all ages, as well as teaching materials for children, which are distributed in over 130 countries. The company has approximately 10,000 employees and is the world's third largest manufacturer of play materials.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 2 to 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Local Collection Network
- Collect your delivery from thousands of local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Sorry, we’re not offering this service at the moment. We hope to resume evening and same day deliveries within London M25 shortly.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.