VIRTUAL SERVICES & EXPERIENCES
MADE TO MEASURE CURTAINS & BLINDS
Our experts are on hand to guide you through different types of window treatments in your home. We have services for customised blinds, curtains, tracks and poles, including fitting and installation. We also can advise on design, technical requirements and measuring.
Choose an appointment type below that best suits your needs or take a look at our How to Measure guide to get started. There’s no obligation to buy.
Book a free appointment for an estimate
Estimate via Video call
If you're ready to get started, book a virtual appointment with an estimator.
- Any window type or any brand in our range
- Detailed advice on product suitability and cost
- Advice on how to measure (see our simple guide)
- Curtains and blinds you want made quickly
- Specialist advice on our Made To Measure Express range
- Dedicated video call with an Estimator
Appointment requires 30 mins to 1 hour
Estimate with in-home visit
For larger or more complex areas, or where our fitting service is needed, we recommend our estimators come to your home.
- More than 1 room or window
- Bay and shaped windows
- Larger windows and tricky spaces
- Specialist advice on our Designed For You range
- Help with refining your choices for tracks/poles and curtains/blinds
- When you want to us to fit
Appointment requires 30 mins to 2 hours
(depending on size and complexity)
How to measure for curtains
More window services
We also offer made to measure services for shutters, conservatory blinds and curtain tracks and poles. Browse our range for inspiration.
How our service works
During your appointment
When you’ve decided the type of treatment, fabric and the tracks and poles for curtains, you’re ready to book an appointment with one of our estimators. You can have estimating appointments with an in-home visit or virtually by either video call or phone call.
Virtual estimating appointment for a no-obligation estimate within 24 hours include:
- A video or phone call appointment with one of our estimators
- Guidance on how to measure your window
- A guide price over the phone, using the cost of product choice and any requested cost of fitting
In-home estimating appointments for a no-obligation estimate include:
- Measuring is completed by the estimator
- The price of your window decor choice
- The cost of our fitting
- Any preparation which needs to happen
- The price of any additional services
After your appointment
To place the order, simply accept your estimate and we'll take payment. When your order is ready, we will book a convenient time for delivery and installation by one of our approved fitters.
What's included in our service
Made To Measure Express service
Available online or in our shops, you can select from a range of 2000 fabrics.
As well as our own John Lewis & Partners fabrics, brands include Harlequin, Sanderson, Designers Guild and more
Your curtains and blinds will be crafted by Partners at our textiles factory in Lancashire and sent to you in 7-14 days, providing your chosen fabric is in stock.
You can take and use your own measurements to order, or if you would like us to measure for you, please use our Designed for you service -see below
Curtain styles available:
- Pencil pleat
- Double pinch pleat
- Triple pinch pleat
Blind styles available:
- Waterfall Roman Blind
- Standard stacked Roman Blind
- Roller Blind
Request up to 5 free samples to see how the different fabric options will look in your home.
Designed For You service
If you have very large windows, would like a bespoke window treatment or simply require assistance measuring and fitting, consult our Partners in-store or book an in-home appointment with our expert estimators to help find the perfect solution for your windows.
Our Designed For You curtains & roman blinds are available in 4-10 weeks and you’ll have access to over 4,000 fabric choices, across 20 brands with extensive pattern and colour choice.
Anything you need, we can accommodate, including:
A wider variety of linings and header types
Decorative details, such as leading edges, pelmet boards, scalloped edged blinds, trimmings, swags, tie-backs and tails for your windows or coordinating cushions in piped or plain styles
Fabric treatments such as flame retardancy
We'll deliver your specially-made voiles, sheers and net curtains in 4-10 weeks.
Our Designed For You blinds can be made to almost any specification, and with hundreds of choices in our sample books including fabric, wood, metal or bamboo, you’re sure to find something to inspire you.
Choose from vertical, pleated, silhoutte and Venetian styles. They’ll be delivered in 4-10 weeks.
We offer a wide range of fabrics; do consider the nature of some fabrics before you select them to make your curtains.
For Cotton, Linen & Silk
As with all natural fabrics, cotton, linen and silk are more susceptible to creasing.
For Cotton & Linen
Part of the beauty of these natural fabrics is the slubs and neps which give the fabric character.
Fabrics with special character will require hand finishing and therefore will take longer to make.
Some fabrics cannot be ironed or steamed, so you may want to choose a fabric that is suitable for ironing; do ask us for advice in store. We recommend ironing on the reverse fabric side, and testing in a small inconspicuous area first.
Some embroidered fabrics may not drape as uniformly as others. We recommend softer, lighter weight fabrics for wave curtains.
Do talk to a Partner in store for help with a blackout blind, to determine the level of opacity you need.
If you've decided what kind of blinds or curtains you need and the fabric you want to use, you can book a free appointment with us to visit your home so we can measure up accurately for you. We’ll also calculate your exact fabric requirements as part of our Designed For You service and can quote for at-home fitting.
- Please make sure you book your estimating appointment for a time when the space will be fully accessible to the Estimator and not subject to change.
- Estimates are valid for 28 days; after this or any changes to your estimate we'll need to reissue, if you permit us to retain your measurements.
- The Estimator will talk to you about any additional services available or other works you may need to complete before we can fit your chosen products, if you'd like us to do so
- There's no obligation to choose us for fitting your products - we can just supply them for you to fit yourself
- We'll give you an estimate on the day, which you can accept during the visit or by sending to our Home Services Customer Team
We measure for, and fit all our Designed For You Curtains and Blinds, including our specialist curtain poles and tracks.