Interest Free Credit is currently available online and in store.
Interest free credit on selected electrical products
What are the key facts with Interest Free Credit?
You can spread the cost over 6 to 36 months on selected Electrical products. This helps you to manage your repayments, with 0% APR representative and no arrangement fees or hidden extras.
Interest Free Credit is available on selected Electrical products marked as qualifying for Interest Free Credit (Products will state 0% APR representative and the qualifying period, such as 12 months). Minimum prices and promotion start and end dates will vary depending on the product. Maximum spend £8,000.
Ready to apply?
You can apply for Interest Free Credit on selected Electrical items at johnlewis.com. Products eligible for credit will allow you to choose Interest Free Credit as your payment option at the checkout. It’s a quick and simple process to set up your credit agreement, we’ll:
- Check if you’re eligible for credit*
- Check your ID
- Ask you to e-sign your agreement
*A soft check takes place when checking your eligibility for Interest Free Credit (there is no search completed on your credit file). If you’re eligible and proceed to submit your full application, this will result in a check of your credit rating. This check may affect your credit score.
Am I eligible to apply?
For us to consider your application, you need to:
- be 18 years or over
- have been a UK resident for a minimum of 3 years
- have a valid email address and mobile phone number
- have an annual income of £10,000 or more*
- have a UK bank account from which we can take a Direct Debit
- have a valid UK driving licence (full or provisional), recent electricity bill dated in the last 3 months or valid passport for ID
*Creation Consumer Finance Limited will take into consideration joint income if married / living with partner / in civil partnership. Acceptable forms of income are employment salary, self employed salary and dividends, Pension, Disability Living Allowance, Employment and Support allowance and Personal Independence Payment.
What are the monthly repayment examples?
We offer Interest Free Credit (0% APR representative) when you spend up to £8,000 on selected Electrical products. Minimum prices and the qualifying period will vary depending on the product.
The table below shows the monthly repayments you’d pay when you purchase qualifying products:
|Product price||Loan amount||6 monthly payments||Total payable||12 monthly
|Total payable||18 monthly
|Total payable||24 monthly
|36 montly pay,ments||Total payable|
*Promotional offer only until 29 April. Dyson products £299 and over available over 6 months until 6 May only. Terms and conditions apply, subject to status.
0% APR representative, Subject to status and affordability. No deposit required. Terms and conditions apply.
What do I need to know about repayments?
You’ll repay the Interest Free Credit over 6 to 36 months depending on the product and qualifying period. Creation Consumer Finance Limited will collect your first payment approx. one month after your order is placed by Direct Debit and, continue to do so in equal monthly payments for the length of your agreement. You won’t be charged any interest or additional fees as long as all repayments are kept up to date.
Full details of your repayment schedule will be detailed in your credit agreement which you will need to sign and agree to before placing your order. (Please note, in some situations your repayments may begin before your order arrives).
If you would like any support with managing your repayments, or if you would like to repay your credit early, you can contact Creation Consumer Finance Limited on 0333 032 7776.
How do I manage my Interest Free Credit agreement?
When you apply and are accepted for Interest Free Credit you’ll receive an email from our credit provider, Creation Consumer Finance Limited, inviting you to register for their Online Account Management tool.
Once registered, you can find all the details about your credit agreement including when your repayments will start and your repayment schedule, as well as contact information should you wish to discuss anything further or ask any questions.
You can also make additional payments or pay off your agreement early through Online Account Management if you choose to do so. With Interest Free Credit, our credit provider will not charge you any early settlement fees for repaying your credit agreement early.
I’ve changed my mind about taking Interest Free Credit?
Details about how to action your right to withdraw from the Interest Free Credit are provided in your credit agreement. You have 14 full days from the day after your credit agreement is signed to action your right to withdraw from the credit agreement without incurring any charges. After this 14 day period, you can repay all or part of the credit at any time. You will not be charged any early settlement fees.
If you wish to cancel the credit agreement and return the item(s), please refer to the returns FAQ below.
Can I return or exchange an item bought using Interest Free Credit?
To return an item paid for with Interest Free Credit, you’ll need to follow our usual returns process. Find out more about returns here.
Once we have received your return, any payments already made by you will be refunded and your credit agreement cancelled.
You can exchange an item bought using Interest Free Credit. How your exchange is processed depends on what you would like to do:
- Exchanging for the same item - if you need to exchange your item because it is damaged or faulty, or if you would like a different size, colour or style, you can do so by following the exchange process. If there are no price differences between your orders, your original credit agreement will continue. If the new item you wish to purchase is priced lower, your monthly repayments will remain the same but the length of your credit agreement will reduce
- Exchanging for a higher priced item - if you wish to exchange for a more expensive item, you will be required to set up a new credit agreement. To do this you will need to follow the returns process for your order which, once received by us, will ensure any payments you have made are refunded to you and the credit agreement cancelled. You will then need to place a new order at johnlewis.com using Interest Free Credit as your payment option
- Exchanging for a different item - if you wish to exchange your item for a different product type, for example exchanging a television for a fridge, you will need to follow the returns process. If the new item is available on Interest Free Credit you will then need to set up a new credit agreement. Unfortunately you cannot exchange one product type for another directly on the same credit agreement.
How else can we help?
We offer a range of other financial products, from Car, Home and Pet Insurance to International Payments and our credit card, the Partnership Card. Visit John Lewis Finance to find out more.
We also offer:
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR INTEREST FREE CREDIT ON ELECTRICALS (0% APR REPRESENTATIVE)
Interest Free Credit is available on selected electrical products up to £8,000. Repayments are monthly and the repayment period will vary depending on the product and qualifying period.
ID will be required for the loan application and acceptance is Subject to status and affordability. Applying for Interest Free Credit at johnlewis.com will result in a credit check and may affect your credit score.
John Lewis PLC, 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN, acts as a Credit Broker and not as a lender. Credit is provided by Creation Consumer Finance Limited. Both are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit is available subject to status to UK residents aged 18 or over.