- Suitable for children from 76 - 150cm in height
- R129-compliant (i-Size ready)
- Isofix compatible
- Free 2 year guarantee
The RECARO Toria Elite R129 Prime is the perfect solution for parents who are seeing their child growing fast. This versatile child seat is the solution for those who are looking for a safe car seat that, once installed, is going to be the child's companion for the next 10 years.
Engineered to protect children, the new Toria Elite child seat combines the highest safety standards, increased travel comfort and outstanding design. The versatile child seat, that grows together with young travellers, can be individually height-adjusted and perfectly adapts to different body sizes.
- Grows with the child and easy to convert - The headrest grows with the child from approximately 15 months to 12 years. The conversion from the integrated 5-point harness system to the three-point car belt is particularly easy.
- Sound System - The loudspeakers are built into the head area of the child seat and the audio connection and device pouch mean your children can be entertained. The kids can lean back and relax while their head remains protected by the headrest (in the PRIME version only).
- Advance Side Protection - The detachable protectors can be fixed quickly and simply to the child seat. In the event of a side collision, the energy absorbers reduce the force that would act upon the child and provide maximum protection. The protectors should always be installed on the door side.
- Air Ventilation System - The air ventilation system makes sitting over long periods particularly comfortable, and this is ensured by openings in the outer shell and mesh inserts in the seat cover, which allow continuous airflow.
- Intuitive Installation - ISOFIX and Top-Tether ensure easy handling and of course meet the strict requirements of the current R129 safety standard. The three anchor points hold the seat in position and in the event of an accident, this absorbs the forces acting on the child. Once installed, the child seat can remain in the car and doesn’t even need to be removed when rebuilding the Toria Elite for older children (100 -150 cm).
- One-Handed Recline Adjustment - The Toria Elite child seat has five reclining positions, whether the child is strapped in with the integrated harness system or with the vehicle's seat belt. The flatter resting position provides the greatest comfort. Best of all: You can adjust the recline with just a single hand, while the child can remain seated.
Under no circumstances should a rearward-facing car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an active airbag.
Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance in making them the most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend to fit the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
Always read the instruction booklet that comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
We recommend that babies shouldn't be left in car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering. This can be done in store with a Partner or on the car seat manufacturer's website.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- We also offer in-store and virtual appointments so you can access our All Things Baby services at a time and place to suit you. Click here to book your appointment. or find your nearest department store here.
All the car seats in our range are designed to give your child the best possible protection and meet the criteria set out in the R129 (iSize) safety regulation. A baby must travel in the safer rear-facing position up to the minimum recommended age of 15 months. Some R129 car seats can be used rear-facing until a child is 105cm tall, which is around 4 years old.
Side impact testing is assessed as part of the regulation to improve the protection of the child’s head and neck. R129 also makes use of the most high-tech crash test dummies which not only has improved sensor technology to test for greater sensitivity, but it also features more sensors on fragile areas of the body. iSize is an enhancement of R129 that makes it easier to confirm your car seat's compatibility with any iSize approved vehicle - reducing the risk of installing your car seat incorrectly. While all i-Size car seats meet the R129 testing standards, not every R129 car seat is an iSize compatible seat.
R129 (iSize) car seats are classified by height only. The below table is a rough guide as to how the car seats can relate to a child’s age based on the average child's height. In some instances, we may still need to check the weight of the child within the height band due to the maximum mass load permitted on a vehicle’s ISOFIX points.
|Type||Height of Child||Approx. Age of Child|
|Baby||40-85cm||Birth up to 15 months|
|Toddler||40-105cm||Birth up to 4 years|
|Toddler||40-150cm||Birth up to 12 years|
|Toddler||76-150cm||15 months up to 12 years|
|Child||100-150cm||4 to 12 years|
Note: This is a rough guide only. Please always refer to the individual car seat’s guidance for more specific details. Some car seats will be approved for use across two or more height bands. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.