STAUB Cast Iron Tagine, 28cm, Cherry
Product code: 81349210
Create intense flavours with the STAUB tagine. Traditionally used by Moroccan Berber tribes, this cone-shaped pot is usually made of clay but this cast iron version better suits cookers and its airtight ceramic lid prevents air from escaping and so retains flavours.
- Ideal for preparing traditional Moroccan dishes and a variety of casseroles
- Designed to keep air in the pot and to retain flavour
- Superb cast iron heat retention reduces energy use
- Oven and grill safe to 500°C
- Durable matt black inner enamelling crisply sears food
- Suitable for use on all hobs, including induction
Even heat distribution
Create aromatic stewed dishes, thanks to the tagine’s superior even heat distribution. Cast iron is a carbon-rich iron alloy and so is exceptional at retaining heat, diffusing it slowly and distributing it evenly.
Explore intense flavours
Originally designed for Moroccan dishes, the tagine’s covered ceramic lid is ideal for stews and casseroles. Just add spices and vegetables and continue to braise in the oven.
Suits modern-day requirements
Traditional in its shape, this tagine features many benefits for modern-day use. It can be used on all types of hobs, including induction, and is heat-resistant in the oven up to 500°C. It’s also chip-resistant and dishwasher safe.
Advanced enamel interior and colourful exterior
Durable black matt enamel on the inside creates a culinary advantage for better browning, braising and roasting. Colourful enamel on the outside is both warm and bright, creating a striking look in the kitchen and when the tagine is brought straight to the dining table.
- Care instructions
- Wash before use, dry thoroughly and apply vegetable oil to enhance the enamel properties. Heat or cool gradually to avoid thermal shock.
- Cookware Features
- Induction Compatible, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe
- Country of Origin
- H20 x Dia.28cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- Freezer Safe
- 30 years
- Hob Safe
- Induction Compatible
- Cast iron
- Cast Iron
- Microwave Safe
- Oven Safe
Renowned for its high-quality cookware, STAUB originates from the Alsace region of France, which is famous for its culinary traditions. The grandson of a cookware merchant, Francis Staub designed his first piece, an enamelled pot or cocotte, in an old artillery factory in 1974. Ideally suited for Alsatian one-pot traditional recipes, the cocotte marries cast iron’s utility with both artisan and innovative manufacturing techniques.
The combination of traditional craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology now defines STAUB products that are favoured by restaurateurs, amateur chefs and home cooks alike.
Manufactured in France, STAUB’s cast iron and ceramic cookware adds an authentic feel to cooking in the kitchen and its endearing designs grace dining tables worldwide.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery by our supplier within 4 weeks. Where delivery needs to be arranged, you will be contacted to arrange a date and time that's convenient for you.
- Click & Collect
- Not available for this item
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.