Sony Cyber-shot RX-100 IV Camera, 4K, 20.1MP, 2.9x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, OLED EVF, 3" Tiltable Screen
The Sony RX100 IV enters a new world of super-speed shooting. Featuring a breakthrough in cutting edge functions including a 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor, 40x super slow motion and Anti-Distortion Shutter, the pocket-sized camera holds super potential.
Zeiss optics The DSC-RX100 IV sports an all new bright f/1.8-2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 24-70mm zoom. This lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused backgrounds. A premium multi-layered T coating also dramatically reduces ghosting and flare caused by light reflection.
Technology behind the picture Boasting the world’s first 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip, 40x super slow motion and up to 1/32000 sec. Super-high-speed shutter is enabled. The extended circuit features a higher signal processing capacity and more than five times faster high-speed readout than conventional models.
Better still, the RX100 IV features the high-speed BIONZ X processor for more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise while shooting photos and movies. And thanks to the new super-high-speed image sensor, the camera features accelerated readout speed that helps to achieve continuous shooting up to 16fps.
Record in 4K Capable of recording in 4K Ultra HD for up to five minutes, the RX100 IV is ideal for capturing memorable frames. Pro-grade XAVC S codec ensures beautiful footage with high bitrate so the recording is second to none, even when viewed on a Full HD TV.
The camera can even shoot high-quality still images of 17MP while recording a movie. The new Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take the photographs in a choice off frequency release – high/standard/low settings.
OLED viewfinder View every scene in rich detail with the bright and retractable electronic viewfinder (EVF). The viewfinder delivers a high resolution equivalent to 2359k dots to display the subtlest details for precise composition. EVF eye piece optics are treated with ZEISS T coating to reduce unwanted reflections for a clear corner-to-corner visibility.
180° tilting screen Selfies and framing have never been easier with a 3” tiltable LCD screen. High and low positions are now in shooting distance which offers greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
Remote camera control When the RX-100 IV is connected to a computer, you can use Remote Camera Control to capture pictures or change settings on the camera. Simply download the application of a version which supports your PC.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC Adaptor AC-UB10C/UB10D, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, strap adapter, Instruction Manual
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Stills: 280 shots (approx) Frames: 45 minutes (approx)
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI, Hi-Speed USB (2.0)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Packaged: H9.4 x W12.2 x D15.6cm, Unpackaged: D3.59 x H5.81 x W10.16cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD tilting display
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Images: JPEG ( DCF, Exif, MPF Baseline ) compliant, DPOF compatible, JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- iAuto(F1.8/F11(W)) / Program Auto(F1.8/F11(W)) / Manual(F1.8/F11(W)) / Shutter Priority(F1.8/F11(W)) / Aperture Priority(F1.8/F11(W))
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 10.4-37.1 mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- RX-100 IV
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion NP-BX1 battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 13.2 x 8.8 mm
- Sensor Type
- Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- AUTO(Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode(Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure) HFR Mode(Program Auto, Aperture
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- iAuto(4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto(30" - 1/2000) / Manual(Bulb, 30" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority(30" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority(30" - 1/2000)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080i HD
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- OLED EVF
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.