Change or cancel an order
We're sorry that in most circumstances it's not possible to make changes to your order once you've placed it.
If you'd like to add products to your order, please place a new order for these items.
If you need to change details of your delivery address, remove items from your order or cancel it completely, please contact our Customer Services team for advice on 03456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week, or email us here (to arrange returns only). Please be ready to quote your order number and order date.
If your order has already been despatched or delivered, then you'll need to follow our Returns procedure in the event of any unwanted products. You can also of course return them to a John Lewis shop.
There are some products which we cannot cancel, refund or exchange, including flowers and made-to-measure items. Please see below for more details.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
• You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
• Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
• If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
• To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
• You can cancel by email: email@example.com , or call 03456 049 049, or write to:.
• If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
• We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Track your order
To check your order status, just sign in or register at the top of the page, then click on My John Lewis followed by View orders.
- Order received means your order hasn't been processed yet
- Order processing means your order could be at any point between the warehouse receiving it and despatching your goods
- Despatched means your order has left our warehouse. You'll receive an email confirming despatch. Depending on our chosen carrier, you may receive a separate email from us that will detail how to track your order when it has left the warehouse. In the case of products such as furniture where there is a long lead time, "Despatched" means that you've been charged for your order, and you'll be notified of delivery separately
- Cancelled means your order has been cancelled either by you or us
If you find that your order has only been partially delivered, this may be because other items are being despatched from a different location. However, if your order is obviously incomplete, over-delivered or damaged, or if you wish to change or cancel your order, please email our Customer Service team or telephone on 03456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week.Back to top
Your purchase history
To find out more information on your past orders, please sign into your account here.Back to top
Missing, incomplete or damaged orders
If your order hasn't arrived, or arrives incomplete, first of all please view your order online. Sign into My John Lewis here. If your order has been despatched but hasn't arrived within the expected time period, please email our Customer Services team, or call us on 03456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week.
If you've more than one item on your order, please bear in mind that products may be sent out from multiple locations and so arrive separately. However, if this is not the case and you haven't received the entire order as detailed in the order confirmation email sent to you, please email or call us as before.
If your order arrives and the goods are damaged, follow our Returns procedure or call us on 03456 049 049.Back to top
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or via MyHermes.
If you need your item/s to be collected because it's large or heavy (longer than 61cm or over 5kg for Royal Mail; over 15kg for Collect+ or MyHermes), or you have any other queries, call us on 03456 049 049 and we can arrange free collection. This particularly applies if your product has been delivered by a 2-person crew.
Please allow 10 days from the collection or posting date for us to credit your account. We will refund the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order.
1. Returns via a John Lewis shop
- Simply take a print-out of your order confirmation or the delivery note and the product you wish to return or exchange to the appropriate department in the shop, and tell the sales assistant you bought it online
- Please make sure you also take in the payment card you originally used to buy the product. Your refund can then be done straight away
- As PayPal is an online payment system, we can only exchange but not refund if you return items you've bought online with PayPal to one of our shops; please return via another method suggested below for refund
2. Returns via Royal Mail or courier
- Fill out your reason(s) for return on the back of the delivery note
- Enclose the delivery note with the product, ticking the reason for return, and package up securely; please use original packaging if possible, but remove original labels
- Use the pre-paid Royal Mail Returns label from the delivery note and obtain a certificate of postage from the Post Office
3. Returns via Collect+
- If you've received a Collect+ returns label with your johnlewis.com order, you can return in via Collect+ location
- Collect+ is a distribution network operating from over 5000 small shops in the UK.
- If you haven't received a Collect+ label, or you've mislaid your delivery note, provided your parcel is no more than 90 x 60 x 60cm and weighs less than 15kg, you can print off a label here (opens in a new window)
- Please pack your parcel up securely, preferably using its original packaging but removing the delivery label. Include the original delivery note with the reason for return completed, attach the Collect+ label and take it to your nearest Collect+ location
- To find your nearest Collect+ location, visit www.collectplus.co.uk (opens in a new window)
- You can track the progress of your return, using the Collect+ tracking number that will be on the receipt you're given when you drop off your parcel.
4. Returns collection via myHermes courier
- You can also arrange a free home collection if your item weighs less than 15kg and is under 1.2 x 1m
- Please pack your parcel up securely, preferably using its original packaging but removing the delivery label. Include the original delivery note with the reason for return completed
- Contact myHermes to arrange your collection
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the product to us or to one of our shops, following the instructions above, and we'll exchange or refund it to the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order. Please see below for products excluded from this policy.
Under Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, if you buy online or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing within 14 working days of receipt. This includes any delivery charge, but excludes the products listed as exceptions below.
Terms & conditions
- If you're unhappy with your purchase, please let us know. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase
- If you return your item to one of our shops and you'd like a refund but don't have your receipt, order confirmation or delivery note, we'll give you gift vouchers to the value of the current selling price. Ordinarily if you have your receipt or delivery note we'll refund the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase
- It's important that any unwanted item, unless faulty, is returned in a re-saleable condition. We'd expect this to mean that you've kept all original packaging and labels, and that it's undamaged and unused
- We'll refund any delivery charges you've paid if you return an entire order (UK orders only)
- See full terms and conditions here, and information on Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
Products we're unable to cancel, refund or exchange
We can't offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on the following items:
- products which have been personalised for you, such as stationery or gifts
- made to order products such as furniture or made to measure items
- perishable goods such as flowers and food
- computer software that has been opened or computer software cards that have been redeemed
- iTunes gift cards
Where a product has been specially ordered for you, unless faulty, we're unable to refund or offer an exchange. We're unable to accept cancellations for these orders, unless within 48 hours of the order being placed. We'll make this clear when you place your order.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Buying made-to-measure curtains and blinds
For made to order curtains and blinds, we provide comprehensive guidelines on measuring up, so we do recommend you use these before committing to your order. Take a look at our made to order Curtains and Blinds buying guides
Buying furniture, large electrical appliances and outdoor toys
Please check the dimensions of the delivery address for access (including doors, corridors, stairs and corners), as well as the proposed location, before you order large pieces of furniture, electrical appliances or outdoor toys, to confirm that the product is the right size for your needs, and to enable us to deliver your order successfully.Back to top