MADE TO MEASURE CURTAINS & BLINDS
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - SERVICE UPDATE
Our made-to-measure products are available to buy online but we're not currently carrying out at-home estimating and fitting services
Your curtains will be crafted by Partners at our textiles factory in Lancashire, providing your chosen fabric is in stock. Our service is usually 7 days but may take up to 14 days at this time
Whatever window treatments you're after for your home, our range of customised curtains and blinds services make it simple.
We can make them to your exact specifications, and offer the convenience of free at-home estimating once you've decided on your fabric and curtain or blind type. We offer a fitting service too, with price depending on the size and complexity of the job.
You can request fabric samples in our shops, or order swatches here.
These services are available in all our shops offering home furnishings. You can also seek advice on your ideas from Partners in store; if you have your window measurements with you, they can help you calculate how much fabric you'll need for your project.
We also offer made to measure curtain poles and tracks - find out more.
Made to measure 14-day service
Available online or in our shops, you can select from a range of 500 fabrics. Your curtains will be crafted by Partners at our textiles factory in Lancashire and sent to you in 14 days, providing your chosen fabric is in stock.
You can take and use your own measurements to order, or use our free at-home estimating service - see below.
- Curtains: pencil pleat, deep pencil pleat, double pinch pleat, triple pinch pleat, eyelet and wave
- Roller blinds
- Roman blinds: waterfall or standard stack
- Crescent tie-backs: piped or unpiped
- Valances: pencil pleat, double and triple pinch pleat
- Sheers and unlined curtains: available in a selection of 60 fabrics and sheers
- Cushions: plain, piped, frilled and Oxford border available, in sizes 30x40cm, 50x50cm, 60x60cm, 68x68cm and 75x75cm
All fabrics, sheers, and linings are available to order by the metre. If you want to see how the colours will look in your home, simply request up to 5 free swatches.
Step 1. Choose your fabric
Step 2. Select your heading type
Step 3. Enter your measurements
Step 4. Choose your lining
Step 5. Confirm your order
Made to measure services available in our shops (service is temporarily suspended)
If you have very large windows, would like a dramatic window treatment or very specific headers or fabrics, then our made to measure service in store can provide the perfect solution.
Our made to order curtains are available in 3 - 6 weeks and you’ll have access to over 400,000 fabrics brands including Harlequin; Sanderson; Designers Guild; Osborne & Little as well as our own John Lewis & Partners fabrics.
Our made to order blinds can be made to almost any specification, and with over 2500 choices in our sample books including fabric, wood, metal or bamboo, you’re sure to find something to inspire you. They’ll be delivered in 2-3 weeks, with the exception of roman blinds which will be ready in 4-6 weeks.
Anything you need, we can accommodate, including:
A wider variety of linings and header types
Decorative details, such as leading edges, pelmet boards, scalloped edged blinds, trimmings, swags, tie-backs and tails for your windows, headboards or coordinating cushions in piped or plain styles
Fabric treatments such as flame retardancy
We’re also happy to discuss any other requests. For nets and voiles, we have over 30 ready-made panels in a good choice of sizes, and over 40 fabrics available for our made to measure service. We'll deliver your specially-made nets or voiles in just 3 weeks.
We offer a wide range of fabrics; do consider the nature of some fabrics before you select them to make your curtains.
- Linen and silk may be more susceptible to creasing
- Some fabrics cannot be ironed or steamed, so you may want to choose a fabric that is suitable for ironing; do ask us for advice in store
- We recommend ironing on the reverse fabric side, and testing in a small inconspicuous area first
- Some embroidered fabrics may not drape as uniformly as others
- We recommend softer, lighter weight fabrics for wave curtains
- Do talk to a Partner in store for help with a blackout blind, to determine the level of opacity you need
If you've decided what kind of blinds or curtains you need and the fabric you want to use, you can book a free appointment with us to visit your home so we can measure up accurately for you. We’ll also calculate your exact fabric requirements and can quote for at-home fitting.
- Please make sure you book your estimating appointment for a time when the space will be fully accessible to the Estimator and not subject to change.
- Estimates are valid for 28 days; after this or any changes to your estimate we'll need to reissue, if you permit us to retain your measurements.
- The Estimator will talk to you about any additional services available or other works you may need to complete before we can fit your chosen products, if you'd like us to do so
- There's no obligation to choose us for fitting your products - we can just supply them for you to fit yourself
- We'll give you an estimate on the day, which you can accept during the visit or by sending to our Home Services Customer Team
If we've measured for and made up your curtains or blinds, we can come and fit them for you too - ask your Estimator, or in our shops when you place your order.
The charge for this service is based on the number and type of items you want us to fit. We can also fit new curtain poles or tracks.