CHOOSING A BLIND
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU DECIDE
- The type of windows you have (recess, sash, uPVC)
- The look you want for the room
- Whether you need additional features such as blackout or privacy
- Your window measurements (we show you how to measure up below)
TYPES OF BLINDS
- Have a simple, minimal look
- They blend into a room and work especially well in kitchens and bathrooms, if moisture-resistant
- They're easy to fit
Choose blackout options (with or without curtains) to block out light in bedrooms for a restful night’s sleep.
WiFi-controlled blinds using an Apple or Android app. Auto-adjust one blind or throughout the home. Fully customisable memory settings.
When choosing your blind, take into account the mechanisms available and where you’ll be fitting it.
- The lack of cord makes the blind safe when children or pets are around, and removes the risk of accidental strangulation
- Can be remote-controlled with a rechargeable or hard-wired handset, or via WiFi and an app in a fully-connected home
- Perfect for areas that may be hard to reach
- Can control either one blind or all the blinds in the home
- Child-safe as it eliminates the need for cord or chain controls
Only available in store
Blind installation services
We can help you measure up for blinds, custom-make and even fit them for you.
How to pay (interest free credit)
If you spend £1,000 or more on your furnishings, you can spread the cost of your purchase interest free (0% APR representative, subject to status, terms & conditions apply).
Spend over £30 online and you can Click & Collect your ready-made blinds free of charge. We’ll deliver it for free when you spend over £50, or if you opt for made to measure blinds.
Installation and care
- Read the instructions and make sure that all the parts are present before fitting your blind
- Remember to use the child safety device supplied with your blind – it’s a legal requirement to fit one
- Ensure you have the child safety breakaway in the correct position so you have maximum chain rotation
- Dust or vacuum with the upholstery brush attachment
- Avoid putting furniture or beds under windows where children can climb up and reach the blind cord or chain
Made to measure blinds can’t be exchanged or refunded unless faulty or not as described. Ready-made blinds can be returned if unsuitable, but please keep all packaging and parts.
We offer a 3-year guarantee on all made to measure furnishings produced by Partners in our Lancashire textiles factory. Your guarantee covers you against component failure of working mechanisms, defects caused by manufacturing error, failure to meet our quality commitment, or products supplied with fabric flaws.
Use a spring or motorised blind in children's rooms as these are child-safe by design and industry-recommended. if you’re not using a breakaway cord, or spring or mechanised blind, you must fit the safety device provided to the wall in order to tie up the pull cord safely out of the way of children and pets. This is imperative because it minimises the risk of strangulation should a child or pet become entangled in the cord.
Your product will come with either a P-clip or a breakaway chain.
EARN REWARDS WHEN YOU PAY
Shop with a Partnership Card and get 1.25% back in the form of points towards vouchers.
18.9% APR Representative Variable. Credit Subject to Status. T&Cs apply*.
John Lewis plc, 171 Victoria Street SW1E 5NN acts as a credit broker. Credit provided under exclusive arrangements with the lender John Lewis Financial Services Limited
JOHN LEWIS HOME INSURANCE
Flex our Bronze, Silver and Gold Buildings and Contents Cover and adapt our optional add-ons to suit you
INTEREST FREE CREDIT AVAILABLE
Spend over £1,000 on Home, Garden, Furniture and Lighting and spread the cost with Interest Free Credit. 0% APR representative. Terms & Conditions apply
INTEREST FREE CREDIT AVAILABLE
Spend over £1,000 on Home, Garden, Furniture & Lighting and spread the cost over 12 months, or over 24 months when you spend £3,000 or more. 0% APR Representative. Terms and conditions apply.*