CHOOSING A BLIND
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU DECIDE
The type of windows you have (recess, sash, uPVC)
The look you want for the room
Whether you need additional features such as blackout or privacy
Your window measurements (we show you how to measure up below)
TYPES OF BLINDS
- Simple, minimal look
- They blend into a room and work especially well in kitchens and bathrooms, if moisture-resistant
- They're easy to fit
Choose blackout options (with or without curtains) to block out light in bedrooms for a restful night’s sleep.
Made to measure
- Made to your exact specifications within 7 days, providing your chosen fabric is in stock
- You can choose from a range of 500 fabrics (selected options are available online with the full range available in store)
WiFi-controlled blinds using an Apple or Android app. Auto-adjust one blind or throughout the home. Fully customisable memory settings.
When choosing your blind, take into account the mechanisms available and where you’ll be fitting it.
- The lack of cord makes the blind safe when children or pets are around, and removes the risk of accidental strangulation
- Can be remote-controlled with a rechargeable or hard-wired handset, or via WiFi and an app in a fully-connected home
- Perfect for areas that may be hard to reach
- Can control one blind or the entire home's blinds
- Child-safe as it eliminates the need for cord or chain controls
Only available in store
Blind installation services
We can help you measure up for blinds, custom-make and even fit them for you.
How to pay (interest free credit)
If you spend £1000 or more over on your furnishings in one transaction, our payment plan allows you to spread the cost of your purchase (0% variable, subject to status, terms & conditions apply).
Spend over £30 online and you can Click & collect your ready-made blind free of charge. We’ll deliver it for free when you spend over £50, or if you opt for a made to measure blind.
Installation and care
- Read the instructions and make sure that all the parts are present before fitting your blind
- Remember to use the child safety device supplied with your blind - it’s a legal requirement to fit one
- Ensure you have the child safety breakaway in the correct position so you have maximum chain rotation
- Dust or vacuum with the upholstery brush attachment
- Avoid putting furniture or beds under windows where children can climb up and reach the blind cord or chain
If we make a blind for you to your measurements, we’re sorry but it can’t be exchanged or refunded unless faulty or not as described. Ready-made blinds can be returned if unsuitable, but please keep all packaging and parts
We offer a 3-year guarantee on all made to measure furnishings produced by Partners in our Lancashire textiles factory. Your guarantee covers you against component failure of working mechanisms, defects caused by manufacturing error, failure to meet our quality commitment, or products supplied with fabric flaws.
Use a spring or motorised blind in children's rooms as these are child-safe by design and industry-recommended. if you’re not using a breakaway cord, or spring or mechanised blind, you must fit the safety device provided to the wall in order to tie up the pull cord safely out of the way of children and pets. This minimises the risk of strangulation should a child or pet become entangled in the cord, so it's imperative to keep cords out of harm's way.
Your product will come with either a P-clip or a breakaway chain.