Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Pancake Lens
Switch between candid portraits, relaxed snapshots and vivid filming all without changing your lens. Fast, smooth focus and an adaptable focal length that balances angle and range make this lens an essential addition to any Canon user’s arsenal.
- Never be without your EOS. The compact pancake EF 40mm f/2.8 STM is very thin, so you’ll always be able to take your DSLR with you.
- Fast, accurate autofocusing ensures pin-sharp images even in tough conditions. The Movie Servo AFM with STM uses stepping-motor technology for smooth, quiet autofocus when filming on compatible Canon DSLRs.
- An f/2.8–22 aperture range provides control over depth of field, giving you the freedom to restrict or extend focus as required. A fast maximum aperture allows hand-held shooting in low light without using flash.
- A versatile 40mm focal length is great for travel. Tackle everything from portraits to landscape and street photography. Great image quality right across the frame, thanks to an aspherical lens design and Super Spectra coatings.
- For use with EF mount Canon DSLR cameras
- Auto Focus Motor
- Yes- STM
- Diaphragm Blades
- L22.8 x Dia.68.2mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 64mm (APS-C 1.6x crop factor)
- Filter Thread (mm)
- Focal Length
- Image Stabilisation
- Lens Elements
- Lens Groups
- Lens Mount
- Canon EF
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Minimum Focus Distance
- 30cm (11.81")
- Model name / number
- Sensor Format
- Full frame, Canon APS-C
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Thursday from 2pm
342 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Next or named day delivery
Next or named morning delivery
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard delivery
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Thursday from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Thursday