CHOOSING A PRAM OR PUSHCHAIR
The right pushchair can carry your baby through from birth to their toddling years. Our range covers everything from traditional pram-style models to all-terrain strollers for busy mums and dads.
There are several different types:
- Have a newborn baby
- Like a traditional look
- Have plenty of space
Then opt for a pram because…
- They allow your baby to lie flat, supporting their body and head
- They’re parent-facing, so you can maintain eye contact with your baby
- They’re wide and deep, designed in a classic style
- Have a baby under the age of 2 years
- Want a pushchair that can be folded
- Need something that’s easy to manoeuvre
Then browse our pushchairs because…
- They’re suitable for newborn babies if they have a fully reclinable seat
- Some models can be folded with one hand, while others feature a carry handle or fold strap
- They have various wheel types (fixed, swivel or lockable) for different terrains
- They can be set as parent-facing or world-facing
Models with shopping trays or baskets can make things easier if you’re running errands with a little one in tow
- Need something flexible, adaptable and versatile
- Want a pushchair that covers travelling
- Want a pushchair that can be enhanced with a variety of accessories
Then consider our travel systems because...
- They are compatible with carrycots and car seats for convenience
- Some models come with carrycots included
- They usually feature shopping baskets
- There are handy add-ons, including adaptors, rain covers and seat inserts
For the first few months, your baby can sleep overnight in a carrycot, which can be attached to a pushchair frame to go out
- Have a child older than 6 months
- Want something that’s versatile and simple to use
- Need a pushchair that will fit in with your busy lifestyle
- Travel often as a family
Then think about strollers because...
- They’re easy to lift and carry
- They're ideal for shopping, travelling and holidays
- They’re lightweight, compact and can be taken as hand luggage on most aircraft
Twin & tandem
- Have twins, or small children close in age and weight
- Need a pushchair that’s multi-functional
Then choose from our twin and tandem models because…
- They have one seat in front of the other or two seats side by side, offering a practical solution to transporting your baby and toddler together
- They're suitable for babies from birth onwards
- They have features such as: independent, multi-position reclining seats and foot rests, a bumper bar for older babies, removable washable covers, padded liners and a shopping basket
If you need help choosing a pushchair to suit you, our dedicated Nursery Advice service in store is on hand to answer any questions you have about your baby on the move
We offer a range of delivery options.
Free Standard Delivery
If you spend £50 or more on a pushchair, we offer free Standard delivery to your home.
Click & collect
If you’d prefer to pick up your new pushchair in store, use Click & collect from John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners. It’s free on orders of £30 and over.
We'll refund or exchange your pushchair if it's returned unused, in its original packaging, within 35 days of receiving your online order or the date of purchase in store.
Our range of accessories will help you make the most of your pushchair – wherever you are.
Changing bags are a convenient way to neatly store everything you need when you’re out and about. Most come with a PVC changing mat, pockets for soiled items and insulated pockets
Sun shades & parasols
A canopy, sun shade or parasol helps to protect your baby from harsh sunlight
Cosy foot muffs are ideal in cold weather, keeping your baby snug and warm. Some foot muffs convert to pram quilts and liners
Head support cushions
These cushions are specially designed to give young babies extra support and comfort in pushchairs, car seats and bouncing chairs
Covers & nets
Protect your baby from top to toe in bad weather or keep bothersome insects away with a cover or net. Don’t use indoors or when it’s hot to prevent overheating and risk of suffocation
By law, all pushchairs sold in the UK must comply with British standards.
Some travel systems may include a car seat that complies with European standards.
To ensure your child's safety, follow these simple tips:
- Read the instructions carefully and familiarise yourself with all the moving parts before you use your pushchair for the first time
- Show anyone who's going to use your pushchair how to open and close it and how to operate the brakes and locking mechanism
- Check that locking devices are secure when you open the pushchair
- Remember to release all locks before folding it
- Secure your child in the pushchair with the five-point harness
- Adjust the seat position while your child is in the pushchair
- Leave your child unattended
- Carry more than one child in your pushchair unless it's designed to do so
- Hang shopping or other heavy items on the handles, as it could tip the pram or pushchair over
- Use PVC rain covers indoors or in strong sunlight
INTEREST FREE CREDIT AVAILABLE
Spend over £750 on Nursery and spread the cost over 12 months, or over 24 months when you spend £2,000 or more. 0% APR Representative. Terms and conditions apply.*
INTEREST FREE CREDIT AVAILABLE
Spend over £1,000 on Nursery and spread the cost over 12 months, or over 24 months when you spend £3,000 or more. 0% APR Representative. Terms and conditions apply.*