Canon EOS 1300D Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm Lens, HD 1080p, 18MP, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3" LCD Screen
Tailored for beginners and powerful enough for the pros, the Canon EOS 1300D is an top-notch DSLR for anyone who wants to push their abilities further. The powerful CMOS sensor absorbs more detail in every shot while the broad ISO range gives you the freedom to take natural looking low light photos. Full HD recording delivers high quality videos at a push of a button, while the Wi-Fi and NFC make sharing your content immensely easy. This camera comes with a versatile 18-55mm non-IS lens too, so you can get shooting right out of the box.
Shoot photos and video with a quality and character all of their own. 18-megapixel images from the EOS 1300D are packed with detail and are large enough to be printed at sizes up to A2+. Videos have a professional look and feel that looks great played back on your home HDTV.
When you compose a photograph using the EOS 1300D the camera analyses the scene too, looking for brightness, colour and the presence of movement and faces. This information is used to set the most appropriate camera settings for the scene, whether it’s a detail-packed landscape or fast-moving action. A built-in Feature Guide, and supporting app, help you learn more about your camera whenever you want.
Viewfinder & 3” screen
An optical viewfinder allows you to compose and anticipate your shot, so you’ll always be ready to capture the emotion behind the moment. With its friendly controls that are instinctive to use, and a large 3-inch LCD screen for image review, the EOS 1300D is a joy to use.
Emphasise the main subject in a photo by isolating it against a soft, blurred background - a look characteristic of DSLR photography. Use one of five Creative filters to add a personal touch to your photography, including Grainy Black & White to Toy Camera and Fish Eye effect.
9 focus points
Keep subjects looking sharp by placing them underneath one of the EOS 1300D’s nine focusing points. These are spread out across the viewfinder, letting you place your subject either in the middle of the frame or off-centre, for a more interesting composition.
The EOS 1300D’s Wi-Fi and NFC lets you share your images instantly. Post your best content onto social networking sites through Wi-Fi in an instant. Or, you can simply tap devices together to review and transfer media to a Smartphone, Tablet or Canon Connect Station.
Versatile 18-55mm Lens
Canon’s included 18-55mm lens is an all-round treat that will get you going with fine precision. As the 3x optical zoom gets you closer to your subject wherever you are, the large f3.5 – f5.6 aperture range gives you beautiful landscape and portrait shots.
Full HD Movies
Tap into your inner-Kubrick with this camera’s sophisticated film-making tool. Shooting in detailed Full HD, the depth-of-field control keeps your subject in focus and background beautifully blurred.
- Powerful CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+ processor
- Striking 18MP Detail
- Sharp 9-Point Autofocus
- Feature Guide makes it perfect for beginners>
- Suite of creative options
- Wi-Fi & NFC make sharing seamless
- Full HD Movies
- Multi-purpose 18-55mm IS Lens included
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Eyecup Ef, Camera Strap EW-400D, Battery Pack LP-E10, Battery Cover, Battery Charger LC-E10, Power Cable For Battery Charger, Interface Cable IFC-130U, User Manual Kit,
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 500 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion Battery LP-E10
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI mini, USB, video out, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Packaged: H13.7 x W22.2 x D16.6cm. Unpackaged: H12.9 x W7.8 x D10.1cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- 3" TFT, approx. 460k dots
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG 3:2: (L) 5184 x 3456, (M) 3456 x 2304, (S1) 2592 x 1728, (S2) 1920 x 1280, (S3) 720 x 480 JPEG 4:3: (L) 4608 x 3456, (M) 3072 x 2304, (S1) 2304 x 1728, (S2) 1696 x 1280, (S3) 640 x 480 JPEG 16:9: (L) 5184 x 2912, (M) 3456 x 1944, (S1) 2592 x 1456 (S
- GPS Information Allows your camera to detect and record where a picture is taken
- Via optional adapter
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- EOS 1300D
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion LP-E10 battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- APS-C (22.3 x 14.9mm)
- Sensor Type
- TTL-CT-SIR with a CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Scene Intelligent Auto, No Flash, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Movie, Program AE , Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Optical (95% horizontal and 95% vertical coverage)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Body only: 485g
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Monday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.