Giorgio Armani / Privé Bois d’Encens Eau de Parfum
“I was looking for the smell of incense from my childhood, when I went to church with my grandmother. It had depth and warmth which also reminded me of the black stone of Pantelleria.” Giorgio Armani
Giorgio Armani wanted to reconnect with a part of his childhood with Bois d’Encens. He wanted to rediscover the damp coolness of the stones of the Italian churches still filled with the curling smoke of incense. To create the incense in the image of his memories, he magically balanced his two elements, the capricious and volatile essential oil and the more serious, reasonable and steady absolute. Then he chose Cedar for its beige and mild scent and Vetiver for its dark, pungent and warm root.
The woody, resin accord resonates once again, mystical and slender. The intense, black top comes from the volcanic deepness of the earth, from where the volcanic glass draws its protective strength. When held in the hand it will combine its beneficial strengths with the magical incantation of the incense.
Bois d’Encens: a fragrance seeking truth and knowledge, Giorgio Armani’s chosen personal fragrance.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Fragrance Range
- Privé Collection
- Fragrance Type
- Eau de Parfum
- Scent Information The family or sub-group which this fragrance could be classified under. The four primary fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody and Fresh.
- Scent Intensity Information The intensity or strength of the fragrance. Light – subtle and suitable for everyday wear Moderate - a noticeable but not overpowering signature scent Strong - ideal for those who want to make a bold, confident statement
- Scent Longevity Information Approximately how long the scent remains detectable when worn. Light - up to 2 hours Medium - 2 to 4 hours Long-Lasting - 4 hours +
‘I believe that beauty comes first from within. My creations are made not to disguise or hide an individual’s personality but to reveal it.’ - Giorgio Armani Giorgio Armani Beauty has always adopted a policy of continuous innovation where its creative developments in make-up are concerned. This commitment to excellence sets high standards that not only make women look more beautiful, but, more importantly, help them to be themselves with confidence. Beauty products that deliver a measured result, and never look overdone – that is the secret of Armani make-up. It’s all about achieving a simple and real effect, which is always sophisticated.
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Saturday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Saturday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy