GMC The Great British Sewing Bee: The Techniques Book
Product code: 56110230
The BBC primetime series The Great British Sewing Bee, is back.
Starting with the basics, from how to use a sewing machine and understand paper patterns, to knowing your fabrics and how to achieve that perfect finish - this is a go-to guide that you will keep referring back to.
With a section that de-mystifies the fitting process, and with expert sewing tips on making alterations, you'll be able to choose from a variety of projects that will ease you into the world of sewing.
For burgeoning sewers, this technique-focused book reveals the joys of sewing and the tools and skills required to progress. Interspersed with essential tips, from advice on finishing - tacking, hand stitching, hemming and more - to guidance on adding decorative finishes including piping, exposed zips, appliqué and more, this book is an indispensable reference that will encourage you to take the leap and start creating long-lasting projects to cherish.
- Book Cover Type
- Type of Book
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free Click & Collect with no minimum spend until 19 October. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery within M25 on the day of your choice or same day for orders before 10am. 7 – 10pm, 7 days a week. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2022 and 24 December 2022 can be returned up until 28 January 2023, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.