Google Nest Hub Hands-Free Smart Speaker with 7" Screen, 2nd Gen, Charcoal
Product code: 83822605
Get help, and keep the family connected
Just ask the Google Assistant and get rich, visual answers, or view Google photos. With Voice Match, everyone can see and hear their own schedule, commute, reminders and playlists. Get news and weather updates, and you can broadcast messages to any other Nest speakers and displays in the home to keep everyone informed.
Control your connected home in one view
It shows all your connected devices in one place, so you can control them with a tap.* Or you can just ask Google, and with an additional mic on the 2nd Gen Nest Hub, it hears you better than ever. It's compatible with hundreds of smart devices, including thermostats, video doorbells and security cameras.
Easy music streaming, with more bass
Play songs, podcasts or audiobooks from YouTube Music, Spotify, TuneIn and other streaming services.** Music is rich and detailed, with 50% more bass than the previous generation Nest Hub. Tap to play, pause, change tracks or control the volume, or just say “Hey Google”. And you can create groups with other Nest speakers and displays for multi-room sound.
You can use Quick Gestures to control many Nest Hub features. Play or pause a song or video, snooze an alarm, and stop a timer. It uses MotionSense to detect hand movements, without a camera.
Wind down easily & wake up gently
It can help you wind down and wake up too; the display helps to wake you gently with Sunrise Alarm, and dims during the evening to make your bedroom more sleep-friendly. It also features Sleep-sensing technology which can help you get insights into your sleep quality.***
Control by voice or touch
Three far-field microphones detect your voice from across the room, so you can control your Google Nest Hub while you're doing other things, or streaming music. Alternatively, its touch-sensitive screen puts control at your fingertips.
So much to watch
Just ask Google to play your favourite TV programmes and films on Youtube, Netflix and Disney+.** You can watch news and sports highlights on YouTube, and find how-to videos on just about anything. Tap the display to control playback and the volume, or use your voice.
Google Home app
Download the free Google Home app (available on iOS and Android) onto your smart device for easy set-up and control. Please note this app is required to operate Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen).
Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) is compatible with Nest, Philips Hue, Hive, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, TP-Link, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, Youtube, Netflix, Google Photos, Google Chromecast, Philips, Sony and more.**
- Wi-Fi network
- Mobile device running Android 6.0 and higher or iOS 12 and higher
* Compatible smart device required. Subscription(s) are required to access certain content.
** Google Nest Hub is optimised for selected compatible music and video services only. Additional terms, conditions and/or subscriptions/charges may apply.
*** Sleep Sensing requires a subscription service. Sleep Sensing features are subject to your permissions and settings. They use motion, sound and other device and sensor data to work. They also require placing the device close to the bed and calibrating for your sleeping position. Google Assistant, the Google Fit app and other Google apps may be required for full functionality. Nest Hub with Sleep Sensing is not intended to diagnose, cure, mitigate, prevent or treat any disease or condition and should not be used as an alternative to seeking appropriate medical advice or treatment where needed. Device placement and nearby people, pets or noises can cause inaccurate readings.
Even if you're using Multi-user and Google Nest Hub is meant to recognise your voice, keep in mind that a voice similar to yours, or a recording of your voice, could result in Google incorrectly recognising someone else as you.
A Smart Speaker is a platform that can run 3rd party Apps. 3rd party content providers may remove Apps from the Smart platform or stop supporting them at any time, and we cannot guarantee an App's availability. When new Smart products are launched, there may also be a delay before certain Apps become available. Availability of Apps is not included within the terms of the manufacturer's warranty, or the John Lewis 2-year Guarantee for audio visual products, or the 5-year Guarantee for TVs.
- Accessories Included
- Power adapter, Quick Start Guide
- Compatible with
- Android: 6 or higher. iOS: 12 or higher
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Connectivity Type
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- H12.05 x W17.74 x D6.95cm
- 7" LCD Touch Screen
- File Formats
- HE-AAC, LC-AAC, MP3, Vorbis, WAV (LPCM), FLAC, Opus
- Model name / number
- Google Nest Hub, 2nd Gen
- Multi-room sound
- NFC Enabled
- Power Supply
- Sound Features
- Alarm Clock, Microphone, Smart
- Speaker output
- information not available
- Wired or Wireless
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 2-7 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Local Collection Network
- Collect your delivery from thousands of local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Order before 10am to get same day evening delivery to addresses within London M25, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. Available 7 days a week, delivery between 7 – 10pm on a day of your choice. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day. Delivered by 100% electric vehicles.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2023 and 24 December 2023 can be returned up until 23 January 2024, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.