Le Creuset Cast Iron 20cm Casserole and 29cm Stoneware Dish Set, 2 Piece, Volcanic
Product code: 84841928
This set contains two Le Creuset favourites - experience the benefits of cooking in cast iron as well as stoneware.
The set includes:
- Cast iron 20cm round casserole
- Stoneware 29cm deep rectangular dish
The stoneware dish is truly an all-in-one piece that you can use for baking, roasting, serving and storage. It's oven, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher safe and can be used under the grill. The durable finish resists chipping, scratching and staining. Very hygienic and easy to clean, it will not absorb odours or flavours. It can go directly from the oven to the table, retaining heat and making an impressive presentation.
Cast iron round casserole
A kitchen favourite for generations, the Cast Iron Round Casserole from Le Creuset is an iconic piece of cookware. It’s endlessly versatile and ideal for anything from quick and easy meals to slow-cooked aromatic stews and baked bread served as a table centrepiece.
Key features of the casserole:
- Versatile use in the oven, under the grill and on the hob, including induction
- Lightest cast iron on the market
- Exceptional heat retention saves energy
- Tight-fitting domed lid helps retain moisture
- Easy-grip side handles
- Heat-resistant phenolic and ergonomic lid knob
- Resists chipping, cracking and colour fading
- Handcrafted, unique piece
- Lifetime guarantee included
Perfect for one-pot recipes for busy lives, as well as casseroles cooked over time, this all-rounder makes fragrant pilaf dishes, stuffed and roasted vegetables, fish dishes and roast meats. The tight-fitting lid keeps the oven clean and is perfect when proving dough to create family-sized loaves. The easy-release interior suits baking. Use on the hob, including induction, in the oven, on an Aga and even under the grill.
Retains heat and moisture
Made from robust cast iron, this casserole’s weight is its strength. A solid performer, it distributes heat evenly and retains heat to save energy; it best operates on a low to medium setting. Transfer from oven to table and it will keep dishes warm for longer. The domed lid increases space and returns moisture to the pot to prevent dishes drying out. You need only a little oil for cooking thanks to the sand enamel interior that prevents sticking and burning. Adding a touch of water makes it ideal for steaming too.
Easy to carry and clean
The lightest cast iron on the market, this much-loved kitchen staple features large handles that are easy to grip with oven gloves. Stabilisers under the lid give a secure, no-slide fit while the lid’s knob is ergonomically shaped for the hand. Almost like non-stick, the toughened enamel interior is easy to wipe clean. It’s also hygienic and won’t absorb odours and flavours.
Built to last
Designed for longevity, this quality kitchen favourite makes a wonderful wedding gift, to be enjoyed for many memorable meals to come. Handcrafted by skilled artisans at the original Le Creuset foundry in France since 1925, each piece is made from its own sand mould, making it entirely unique. It resists chipping and cracking and retains its colour over time. All Le Creuset cast iron comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Le Creuset Cast Iron Care
- Remove all packaging and labels. Wash the pan in hot, soapy water, then rinse and dry thoroughly
- Medium or low heat will provide the best results for cooking, including frying and searing
- The enamel surface is not ideal for dry cooking
- Always cool a hot pan for a few minutes before washing. Thermal shock may occur, resulting in cracking or loss of enamel
- When grilling, take a few drops of water on your fingers and scatter over the hot surface. If they sizzle and evaporate almost immediately it is hot and ready for use
- Handwash recommended
- Le Creuset
- Cast iron and stoneware
- Cookware Features
- Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe
- Country of Origin
- Casserole: H13.7 x W21.4 x D26.7cm, Dish: H6 x W21.7 x D29.5cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- Freezer Safe
- Grill Safe
- Hob Safe
- Induction Compatible
- Cast Iron
- Microwave Safe
- Yes - Ceramic Only
- Oven Safe
- Casserole: 3.3kg, Dish: 1.75kg
Le Creuset is recognised the world over for market-leading, premium quality ranges of enamelled cast iron cookware, multi-ply stainless steel, toughened non-stick, and stoneware, along with its outstanding range of wine accessories.
Established in 1925, Le Creuset has been making world-class cookware from its foundry in Fresnoy le Grand, France for almost 100 years. Innovation remains at the forefront of their success – they’ve expanded the types of products on offer and have taken advantage of many technological advances since its beginnings.
Le Creuset has continued to use the hand-crafted techniques and the original process of forging and casting in the manufacturing of its cookware. This attention to its heritage is also characteristic of the design. The Cocotte, or French Oven, was one of the first cast iron items produced by Le Creuset and is still the most popular item sold in a range of bright retro colours, with Volcanic (orange) the company’s trademark.
Used by leading chefs and keen cooks in more than 60 countries around the world including the US, UK, Japan and Australia, Le Creuset cookware offers outstanding performance time after time.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 2 to 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Local Collection Network
- Collect your delivery from thousands of local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Order before 10am to get same day evening delivery to addresses within London M25, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. Available 7 days a week, delivery between 7 – 10pm on a day of your choice. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day. Delivered by 100% electric vehicles.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2023 and 24 December 2023 can be returned up until 23 January 2024, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.