Product code: 84510211
This icon of Italian design first revolutionised the way coffee is prepared at home in 1933. Decades later, Moka Express will still be just as well placed in your kitchen as it is on display in some of the world's most famous art and science museums. Stylish and practical, it makes delicious espresso cups from ground coffee beans, full or aroma and taste.
Using a Bialetti Moka Express can be daunting to newcomers, but once you know the basics it's easy to produce a high quality cup every time:
- Grind your coffee - freshly ground beans will give the best cup of coffee
- Add your water - fill the brewer to the line in the bottom of the brewer section
- Add the filter and coffee - insert the filter basket into the brewer, then fill the basket with coffee
- Attach the sections - screw the top and bottom of the Moka Express together
- Heat your coffee - place it on a moderately hot stove, angling the handle away from heat and leaving the lid open. Coffee will start to bubble into the top section
- Pour the coffee - once the coffee has stopped bubbling, pour it into your preferred mug
Be careful not to use too much heat when making the coffee - this can cause bitterness in the drink. Ensure you remove from the heat once the coffee starts emitting lighter coloured steam or the steam becomes audible, or the coffee may taste burnt.
- 1 cup - 60ml, H13.3cm
- 3 cup - 200ml, H15.9cm
- 6 cup - 300ml, H21.6cm
- 9 cup - 550ml, H25.4cm
- Automatic or Manual
- 1 cup: 60ml, 3 cup: 200ml, 6 cup: 300ml, 9 cup: 550ml
- Coffee Type
Type of coffee used in this machine, eg. ground coffee, capsules, beans
- Ground Coffee
- Gifts by Interest
- Gifts for Coffee Lovers
- Number of cups
- 1 Cup
- Removable Reservoir
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
UK delivery within 5 days, 7.30am - 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.50.
- Click & Collect
Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2. Order before 4pm for next day collection. Opening hours for Click & Collect locations in Waitrose & Partners shops may change. Click & Collect in John Lewis & Partners shops is temporarily unavailable.
Collect your delivery from over 7000 local convenience shops within 3 days.
Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday for collection the next day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
Delivery on the day of your choice, 7.30am - 6pm, 7 days a week. Order by 4pm for delivery the next day.
You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
Named morning delivery by 10.30am, available 7 days a week. Order by 4pm for delivery the next morning.
- International Delivery
- From £7.50
We ship to 32 countries worldwide. Prices vary by location.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.