Microsoft Surface Book 2, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 13.5”, PixelSense Display, Silver
Merging the versatility of a tablet with the powerful performance of a high-end laptop, Microsoft has created the stylish and highly portable Surface Book 2. Its detachable 13.5” PixelSense, 10-point, multi-touch and ink, capacitive screen guarantees to dazzle you with true-to-life colours with high contrast and low glare. Thanks to the muscle of an eighth-generation Intel Core i7 processor and a 1TB solid state drive (SSD), you have a cutting edge, technological powerhouse, that’s left the complacent competition far behind.
Ready for anything
Five times more powerful than the original Surface Book, this beautiful beast is twice as powerful as the latest MacBook Pro (Q4 2017). Don’t worry about the usual sacrifice of premium power meaning sub-par battery life – the Surface Book 2 can provide you with up to 17 hours of video playback.
When you want to use the device as a tablet to read, watch or shop you can simply detach it like a clipboard from the keyboard or rotate and re-attach it to focus solely on the 13.5-inch touch screen.
Eighth-Generation Intel Core Processor
Designed to handle the most demanding creative tasks without sacrificing battery life, the Surface Book 2 has an eighth-generation Intel Quad-Core i7 processor and 16GB of RAM to let you tackle anything you throw at it. Use it to shoot videos and edit them using Premier Pro for precision and easy use.
Windows 10 Pro
The Surface Book 2 is set up with Windows 10 Pro Creators Update 64-bit to give you access to all of your favourite apps and an improved navigation. Providing an instant start up, quick movement between applications, prompts for available updates and personalised experience, Windows 10 Pro is an expert at delivering the everyday with an individual touch, featuring Hello to quickly log on and Cortana to learn what is important to you and retrieves relevant updates when needed. The Pro version also lets you run Adobe Creative Cloud, Citrix, AutoCAD or Visual Studio without a hitch to let you create the designs you want.
Photos, videos and sound
Featuring a 5-megapixel front-facing HD camera, dual microphones and front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium to make Skype calls to friends and family while you're on holiday and have video conferences with your colleagues on the other side of the world. The 8-megapixel autofocus rear-facing camera with 1080p HD video recording to capture all your magic moments.
Full suite of connections
The Surface Book 2 features the latest technology to help you connect with the rest of your technology. Built-in Wi-Fi that’s compatible with super fast 'ac’ routers will let you hook up to your home network and browse the internet at your leisure. Bluetooth 4.1 will let you wirelessly transfer data and stream media to other Bluetooth devices without draining your battery. Additionally, there’s 1 USB Type-C and 2 full size USB 3.0 ports, as well as an ultra-high-speed SD card slot will let you hook your Surface Book 2 up to other peripherals and storage devices.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new laptop with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Have you thought about Added Care?
No one means to knock or fumble their prized tablet or laptop – regrettably however, we’ve all done it.
Please click here to see if Added Care could provide you with extra peace of mind when using your technology.
- 3D Ready
- Accessories Included
- Surface Book 2 Power Supply, Quick Start Guide
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, Premium Support for Windows Sonic for Headphones Support for Dolby Atmos for Headphones
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.1
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- Windows Hello face authentication, 5.0MP
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 8.0MP rear-facing autofocus camera with 1080p HD video
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- H312 x W232 x D15-23 mm
- 13.5”, 3:2, PixelSense Display, 10 point multi-touch and ink
- Ethernet Port
- 8th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete GPU w/2GB GDDR5
- Graphics Card Series
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 1TB SSD
- Internal Storage
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- 16GB RAM 1866Mhz LPDDR3
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Full-size SD card reader
- Model name / number
- Surface Book 2
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 10 Pro
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 10
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, 2x Surface Connect ports, Full-size SD card reader
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Intel Quad-Core i7-8650U, 4.2GHz Max Turbo
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.9GHz to 4.2GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i7
- Surface Book 2
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 3000 x 2000 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- Over 11"
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Yes - Cortana
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy