Product code: 68252519
Dine in style with this beautiful set of four supper bowls from Rick Stein's Coves of Cornwall collection. Each one has a different pattern and is named after a Cornish cove: Constantine Bay, Daymer Bay, Trevone Bay and St George's Cove.
This collection's alluring abstract patterns were designed by the students of Cornwall’s Falmouth University in competition. The winning entry was based on Rick Stein's memories of growing up in Cornwall and is loosely based on the legendary coves of north Cornwall. All artwork was painted by hand on watercolour paper, showing the depth and colour variations of the sea.
The clean design of the bone china forms complements the subtly changing shades of each cove, resulting in a unique and highly collectable range of coastal tableware. Each piece is dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe.
- Rick Stein
- Bone china
- Country of Origin
- H5.5 x Dia.21cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- Freezer Safe
- Gift boxed
- Microwave Safe
- Number of pieces
- Oven Safe
- Pattern Details
Rick Stein has been one of the pioneers of Britain’s food renaissance for nearly forty years. His emphasis on fresh ingredients, provenance and delicious home cooking has won him acclaim worldwide through his Padstow restaurants, hotels, cookery school and, of course, through his TV shows. Although Rick's programmes are now wide-ranging and eclectic, he will always be associated with the freshly caught seafood of Cornwall with its long, rugged coastline of coves and bays that continues to inspire his collection of cookware and tableware.
Choosing the perfect china
All our china is made from clay and kiln-fired for durability. Except for pieces with special trims, everything is dishwasher safe. Below are a few options to consider when choosing your perfect china.
|Strong and practical, perfect for everyday. Its cream colour and low firing temperatures allow for designed pieces.
|Tougher than earthenware and chip resistant. Ideal for heavy use and can often go into the oven to temperatures of up to 250°C.
|Uses a clay with a rich body colour giving the characteristic base colour, and has a low glaze firing allowing bright coloured glazes. Porous body allows for good thermal expansion and contraction properties making it an ideal body for cookware such as tagines and roasters.
|Delicate yet strong. Carefully selected clays give whiteness and translucency. It can often go from oven to table.
|The synthetic bone ash used in fine china makes it a more affordable alternative to bone china whilst maintaining the benefits - strength, translucency & delicacy.
|Bone china is made from 40% bone ash. This makes strong yet thin and delicate pieces which are microwave, dishwasher* and oven safe making each piece ideal for everyday use, not just formal.
*Unless product has metallic details - always check individual item for specific care instructions
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 2 to 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Local Collection Network
- Collect your delivery from thousands of local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Sorry, we’re not offering this service at the moment. We hope to resume evening and same day deliveries within London M25 shortly.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.