Apple Airport Express Base Station, MC414B/A
Apple’s Airport Express brings you seamless, super-fast Wi-Fi in moments in a palm-sized package. Made for simplicity and usability with Macs and PCs, it practically takes care of setup for you.
- Easy to install. A setup assistant is built into iOS and in AirPort Utility for OS X. And if you use a Windows PC, you can download AirPort Utility for free. As soon as you plug in your AirPort Express Base Station and connect it to your DSL or cable modem, you can follow the simple instructions on your computer or iOS device. There are no complicated steps to follow and no obscure terminology to learn. The setup assistant does all the work, so you don’t have to.
- Once your network is set up, AirPort Utility for iOS and OS X lets you manage and monitor it from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac. Your AirPort Express — along with other AirPort base stations you have connected — appears graphically onscreen, so you can see your settings at a glance, make changes, apply updates, and more.
- The new AirPort Express supports simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi. That means it transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time. So no matter which band your wireless devices use, they’ll automatically connect to the best available band for the fastest possible performance.
- If you already have a wireless network in your home and want to extend its range, AirPort Express can help. Just place it in range of your primary base station - an AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule, or another AirPort Express - and near the area where you want your wireless connection. Launch the easy-to-use AirPort Utility app on your iOS device or Mac, and you’re mere minutes away from long-range Wi-Fi enjoyment.
- AirPlay takes the music from the iTunes library on your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and sends it wirelessly to any stereo or speakers in your home. Simply connect your speakers to AirPort Express using a separate audio cable. Then, using iTunes on your computer or the Music app on your iOS device, choose which speakers you want your music to play on. Already have a Wi-Fi network in place? Use AirPort Express to add music streaming to its capabilities and create a whole-house musical experience.
- On the back of AirPort Express is a USB port that’s made for your printer. Just plug it in and instantly, it’s like having a printer in every room. And since AirPort Express works with Mac and PC, everyone in the house can take advantage of one centrally available printer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
- Router Security
- Wireless networking
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)