Nikon AF-S DX/FX NIKKOR 200-500mm F/5.6-32 ED VR Compact Super Telephoto Lens
Craft ultra-zoom views that take your breath away with Nikon’s DX/FX NIKKOR 200-500mm Lens. Whether you want to capture fast-moving sports from a distance, sweeping landscapes or close-up nature shots, this will deliver professional power and sublime results. Packed with other advancements like Vibration Reduction, rapid Silent Wave Motor Autofocus and extra-low dispersion glass, your photography would get a titanic boost.
Splendid Super-Zoom With the 200-500m focal length range (FX-format DSLRs), this lens delivers a 2.5x zoom ratio that will execute distant shots with magnificent clarity. You can crank this zoom up another 50% too, with the 750mm equivalent length on DX-format DSLRs, for insane closeness to the action. If you want to snap something closer, there’s no need to switch lenses either, as this can focus on subjects as close as 7.2 feet away.
Bespoke Photography The f/5.6 maximum aperture delivers razor-sharp focus on nearby elements and rapid frame rate for clear low-light shots and distinctive background/subject separation (or bokeh). The f/32 minimum aperture gives magnificent detail of sweeping wide shots. With such variation, this multi-functional lens is a blank canvas ready to inspire and be moulded around your photographic needs.
Crisp Vibration Reduction Technology To help keep photos sharp and videos steady, the AF-S DX/FX NIKKOR 200-500mm features Nikon's Vibration Reduction technology. This provides 4 stops of blur-free handheld shooting or 4.5 stops in sports mode so you can capture crisp, clear photos and steady videos. This camera tech is also a big advancement in low-light solutions which can slow down your shutter speed, without compromising on the overall sharpness.
Sublime Optical Construction Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor delivers smooth, quiet and highly-accurate autofocus, so your snaps’ subjects are automatically optimised. Furthermore, this functions internally so it’s easier to mount graduated filters and other accessories. The lens contains Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements to cut through glare and make your snap is razor-sharp, while the Electromagnetic Diaphragm works wonderfully with fast shutter speeds. Furthermore, its Super Integrated Coating clamps down on image ghost and flare for fine, crystal-clear snaps every time.
- 200-500mm focal length can stretch to a 750mm equivalent in DX-Format DSLRS for supreme zoom.
- 4.5 stops of Vibration Reduction in Sports Mode, giving photos of dazzling sharpness.
- Rich f/5.6-32 aperture so you can catch anything from bokeh to wide-angle shots
- Silent Wave Motor gives super-quiet and accurate autofocus
- Extra-low dispersion glass makes every shot extra-crisp
- LC-95 95mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap
- HB-71 Bayonet Hood
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-1434 Semi-Soft Case
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- DX-Format: Maximum - 8°00'. Minimum - 3°10'. FX-Format: Maximum - 12°20'. Minimum - 5°00'
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- Packaged: H23 x W14.5 x D14.5cm
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 750mm (DX-Format DSLRs)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Nikon F
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/ 5.6
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/ 32
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 7.2 ft (2.2m)
- Model name / number
- AF-S NIKKOR 586994
- Sensor Format
- FX or DX
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Monday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.