Interest Free Credit
Available at checkout when you spend £1000 or more on selected Home products. 0% APR Representative.
Product code: 41344220
Weighted blankets are designed to reduce anxiety, improve sleep quality and aid relaxation. They have a special weighty filling that stimulates deep touch pressure across the body, creating the sensation of a comforting hug. This calming effect restores a sense of stillness and restfulness. This weighted blanket from Rest Easy Sleep Better is designed with a playful star print.
Pure cotton cover
The cotton in this blanket has been certified and produced in line with the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI). A breathable material that enhances coolness, BCI is a not-for-profit organisation which helps to train farmers to produce cotton more sustainably.
Five layers of comfort
The micro-glass beads inside this blanket are hypoallergenic and non-toxic, and are surrounded by layers of padded polyester fibre for maximum comfort. Durable stitched pockets ensure an even distribution of beads to ensure consistent pressure and the soft, plush fabric in the final layer provides a truly cosy feel.
Endorsed by Millpond Children's Sleep Clinic
Mandy Gurney, Sleep Consultant and Director of Millpond Children's Sleep Clinic says: "If you or your child struggles to go to sleep and at times doesn't look forward to bedtime, studies have shown using a weighed blanket can help you drift off to sleep more quickly, sleep more soundly and feel more rested the following day." Established 20 years ago, Millpond has a reputation as the UK's leading children's sleep clinic and is a trusted sleep advisor and trainer for the NHS.
|Blanket weight||Body weight||Blanket size|
|2kg||Up to 20kg||90 x 120cm|
|3kg||Up to 30kg||110 x 170cm|
How to choose and use the right blanket
- This blanket is not suitable for children under 3 years old
- The blanket weight should be a maximum of 10% of the child’s body weight. Do not use a heavier weighted blanket
- The child’s neck and head must not be covered
- The child must not be rolled in the blanket. It should be placed over them. When using in a bed, ensure it's not draped over the sides of the frame
- The child must be able to remove the blanket by themselves
- If your child struggles getting to sleep or doesn’t look forward to bedtime, studies have shown that using a weighted blanket as part of your bedtime routine may help restore a sense of stillness and calm, both day and night. Adult supervision is required
- The blanket can be used instead of, under or over a duvet or sheet: whatever you find most comfortable
- It's not just for sleeping. You can use it to relax in the living room
- Do not fold the blanket in half to double its weight
- Regularly check for broken or damaged parts. If damage is found, stop using as micro glass beads within the filling could represent a choking hazard
- Instructions on the recommended use of the blanket are included
Important safety guidelines
Weighted blankets should be used for one person only and should not be shared. If you have any other medical concerns about using this product, please consult a Medical Professional. You should not use this product with children who suffer from the following:
- Respiratory problems
- Cardiac problems
- Serious hypotonia (low tone)
- Physical, learning or other difficulties which mean the child is unable to remove the blanket independently
- Rest Easy Sleep Better
- Care instructions
- This blanket can be machine washed on a cold gentle cycle. Do not tumble dry. Dry flat
- Country of Origin
- Cover material
- Front: 100% BCI Cotton. Reverse: 100% Micro plush
- Drying Instructions
- Do not tumble dry
- Filling Composition
- 160gsm polyester wadding, glass beads
- Thread count
This number refers to the density of threads per square inch. Typically, the higher the thread count, the finer and smoother the fabric will be against the skin.
Delivery & returns
- Click & Collect
Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores
Collect your delivery from over 7000 local convenience shops within 3 days. Order before 8pm Sunday - Friday for collection the next day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
Delivery on the day of your choice, 7.30am - 6pm, 7 days a week. Order by 8pm for delivery the next day. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Standard Delivery
UK delivery within 5 days, 7.30am - 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.50.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.