Product code: 82716580
- Click here! Product tour
- Ultrabook i5
- An Intel i5 Processor with 6GB RAM, handles multiple applications and keeps your notebook running efficiently. The 24GB Solid State Drive Cachegives faster start up speeds and super quick access to your programs.
- Battery life of up to 8 hours will keep you going in cafés, airport lounges and just about anywhere else that’s not your desk.
- The responsive touch screen will change how you thought you could interact with an ultrabook. Reach out and grab the files you want, swipe through your programs, pinch, zoom and more.
- Prepared for now and the future with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, allowing you to connect external devices. The HDMI port also enables you to connect the notebook to a HD screen or TV.
- Keep all your documents, photos, music and video in one place, thanks to the large 500GB hard drive.
- Light as a feather, you will forget you are carrying this notebook as it weighs only 1.74kg and is just over half an inch thick, ideal for travelling.
- Bluetooth 4.0 support delivers faster wireless transfer speeds and more responsive interaction with wireless peripherals than ever before.
- Thanks to WiDi support, your compatible TV or monitor will be able to mirror whatever is shown on this laptop. Enjoy your desktop and games on the big screen, or use it to kick back and watch a film how it was meant to be seen.
- A 1.3MP HD webcam lets your friends see you in crystal image clarity during Skype calls and IMing sessions.
Universal Printer / Scanner Driver
Easy File Share
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Samsung Support Center
WildTangent Game Console
Norton Online Backup (30-day Trial)
*Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- 3D Ready
- Audio Details
Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Battery life
An estimate of how long the battery lasts before needing recharging, based on standard tasks and usage
- Up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled
Bluetooth is a wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive
Whether this machine can play or burn (write to) Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Camera (front-facing)
Used for making video calls
- 1.3 megapixel HD webcam
- Camera (rear-facing)
A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- H16.6 x W315.1 x D218.9mm
- LED-backlit touchscreen
- Ethernet Port
Allows a connection to a router via an ethernet cable (available separately).
- Graphics card
A component that generates the image you see on your computer screen. More sophisticated graphics card feature memory dedicated to graphics, which is important for a gaming PC
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type
Graphics card type
A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive
Stores files like videos and images, and programmes such as games. A portion of this may already be allocated to data like your operating system
- 500GB to 749GB
- Memory (RAM)
Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask. Measured in GB, More RAM will help to run games or demanding programs like video editing more efficiently.
- Memory Card Slots
Memory Card Slots
A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card. Please check that the slot type is compatible with your memory card type
- 3-in-1 reader
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled
Devices with NFC (Near Field Connection) can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Operating system
Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display. There may be different types of ports, eg. some USB ports can charge a plugged in device while the unit is in sleep mode
- 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0
The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run. Modern processors feature multiple cores that can adapt the speed they run at depending on the task
- Intel Core i5 3317U
- Processor Type
Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet
- Intel Core i5
- Processor speed
Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks and often have multiple cores. Measured in GHz
- Screen Resolution
Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen finish
A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen size
The size of the device's screen, usually measured diagonally in inches
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- TV tuner card
TV tuner card
Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
Unpackaged weight of the product