LEGO Creator 10278 Police Station
Product code: 73210116
- Ideal for any true-crime fan, current bobbies in the family whose birthdays are coming up and large LEGO® set lovers alike
- Fully assembled, the police station measures over 37cm high, 25cm long and 25cm wide
- Contains 2923 pieces and includes 5 minifigures, including a 1940s-era police officer
- Details include a case board with authentic red lines connecting the clues, reel-to-reel recorder, jail cell, evidence locker and more
Escape into a delicious world of deceit, detection and doughnuts with this three-floor police station. See the brick-built staircase wind through detailed floors that can be removed to let you explore inside. Next door is a doughnut shop brimming with treats and, to the other side, a newspaper kiosk.
Criminally good details
This impressive set is packed with hidden features and clever design. With an evidence locker, jail cell, interrogation room and case board, complete with red lines connecting the clues, the police have all they need to solve the mystery. There are also a number of novel pieces within the set to appeal to adult LEGO fans.
A building project for you
The LEGO Police Station is part of the imaginative Modular Buildings Collection. Whether you’re building alone or with family, this is a challenge to focus the mind and an eye-catching display piece to enjoy alongside other LEGO Modular Buildings.
- H48 x W58 x D12cm
- Lego Type
- LEGO Creator Expert
- Model name / number
- Number of pieces
- Suitable From
- 18 years
- Toys Type
- Not suitable for children under 3 years
The company that was destined to become LEGO started life as being a small workshop that produced wooden toys, run by Ole Kirk Christiansen in 1932. The name ‘LEGO’ was adopted in 1934, coming from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’, which means ‘play well’. It wasn’t until 1947 that they started producing plastic toys, with the first version of the now infamous interlocking bricks coming in 1949.
They weren’t quite the bricks that people are used to nowadays, being made from a different material and having a slightly different locking system. It was actually Christiansen’s son Godtfred Kirk that saw the potential for the bricks to become a tool for creative play and in 1958, the modern brick design was born. From this date, despite variation in the design and purpose of individual pieces over the years, each remains compatible in some way with previous pieces. So you could have a LEGO set from 1958 and it would still be completely compatible with a modern set.
Since the 1960, thousands of sets have been released covering everything from Aliens to the Wild West. The only area that the company has never tackled directly is military-themed sets, because Ole Kirk set a policy that they must never make war seem like child’s play. The largest ever LEGO set to date is a scale-model of the Taj Mahal, which was made out of 5922 pieces.
The LEGO Group's motto is ‘det bedste er ikke for godt’, which roughly translates to "only the best is the best". Ole Kirk Christiansen came up with this phrase to encourage workers to always produce the highest quality toys possible.
Nowadays, LEGO makes a vast range of toys for all ages, as well as teaching materials for children, which are distributed in over 130 countries. The company has approximately 10,000 employees and is the world's third largest manufacturer of play materials.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.