Silver Cross Dream i-Size Newborn Baby Car Seat, Donnington
Product code: 31557606
- ADAC Test (good 2.0)
- Winner - Best car seat group O+, Loved by Parents 2021
- ADAC Test Very Good 1.5 2020
- Suitable from birth to 13kg
- R129-compliant (i-Size ready)
- Isofix compatible
- ADAC’s highest scoring infant carrier
The Silver Cross Dream car seat was awarded a best-ever score from leading independent testing body, ADAC. Offering the best in safety and comfort, Dream is suitable from birth to 13kg (approximately 15 months). When tested with the Dream R129 base (sold separately), it achieved the best-ever rating from ADAC, making it the safest baby carrier ever tested.
From their first journey home in Dream, your newborn will be cushioned in comfort, surrounded by the softest anti-bacterial and breathable bamboo fabric which is perfect for sensitive baby skin. They'll always be safe too, thanks to four-layer side impact protection.
The Dream car seat includes a newborn insert with removable sections to adjust as your baby grows, ensuring they're always in the most comfortable position.
Dream is compatible with Silver Cross prams and pushchairs to create a complete travel system (adaptors sold separately).
For extra peace of mind when using your Dream infant carrier, download Silver Cross' mobile app for a step-by-step install guide and car compatibility list.
- Suitable from: Height: 40-85cm; Age: birth to approximately 15 months; Weight: birth to 13kg)
- Compatible with Silver Cross prams and pushchairs sold separately) to create a travel system
- Five easily adjustable head rest positions
- Four-layer side impact protection
- Five-point safety harness
- Five-position handle
- Newborn insert with removable sections to adjust as your baby grows, ensuring the most comfortable position
- Removable sun canopy with UV protection
- Compatible with Dream R129 base
- Removable covers washable at 30° degrees
Recycle your Silver Cross Car Seat
Silver Cross are proud to be the first car seat brand offering a recycling service to their customers.
Using specialist lasers to separate the recyclable materials which are then used in the production of other products and packaging across a wide variety of industries, this scheme ensures no car seat ends up in a landfill!
Silver Cross will collect your car seat free of charge and ensure every part of it is recycled. To recycle your Silver Cross car seat, visit their website to book a pick up time.
- Under no circumstances should a rearward-facing car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an active airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance in making them the most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend to fit the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn't be left in car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering. This can be done in store with a Partner or on the car seat manufacturer's website.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- We also offer in-store and virtual appointments so you can access our All Things Baby services at a time and place to suit you. Click here to book your appointment.
- Find your nearest department store.
Car seats adhere to strict safety regulations and conform to one of the following two types of seats:
- Height-based seats - These seats adhere to the safety regulation R129. They must be rear-facing until your child is over 15 months old. Your child can use a forward-facing child car seat when they’re over 15 months old. You must check the seat to make sure it’s suitable for the height of your child. i-Size is an enhancement of R129 that makes it easier to confirm your car seat's compatibility with any i-Size approved vehicle - reducing the risk of installing your car seat incorrectly. While all i-Size car seats meet the R129 testing standards, not every R129 car seat is an i-Size compatible seat.
- Weight-based seats - These seats adhere to the R44.04 car seat regulation. The seat your child can use (and the way they must be restrained in it) depends on their weight.
The below table is a rough guide as to how the car seats can relate to a child’s age based on the average child's weight or height depending on the regulation chosen.
Car Seat Age Guide:
|Group||Child's weight*||Approx. age of child||Child's height†|
|0+||Birth up to 13kg/29lb||Birth up to 12-15 months||40 - 85cm|
|0+ & 1||Birth up to 18kg/40lb||Birth to up to about 4 years||40 - 105cm|
|0+, 1, 2 & 3||Birth-36kg/79lb||Birth to 12 years||40 - 150cm|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||About 9 months to 4 years||85 - 105cm|
|1, 2 & 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||About 9 months to 12 years||85 - 150cm|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||About 4-12 years||105 - 150cm|
Note: This is a rough guide only - please always refer to the individual car seat’s guidance for more specific details. Some car seats will be approved in two or more groups or across various height bands. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.
- Booster Seat Type
- High Back
- Silver Cross
- Car Seat Direction
- Rear Facing
- Car Seat Type
- Baby Car Seats
- Care instructions
- Wipe clean. Covers can be removed and washed at 30°C
- H58 x W44 x D66.5cm
- Drying Instructions
- Do not tumble dry
- Height Band
- Isofix compatible
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- R129 Regulation
- R129 compliant
- Silver Cross Dream
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat + Isofix Base
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat Only
Silver Cross is one of the oldest nursery brands in the world, loved and trusted by millions of families since 1877. Famous for its signature attention to detail and outstanding quality, Silver Cross offers parents the best start in life for their babies. In addition to their travel system, Silver Cross is also famous for its furniture, car seats and strollers.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.