LEGO City 60253 Ice-Cream Truck
LEGO City 60253 Ice-Cream Truck
Product code: 73200712
- Ideal for children aged 5 and upwards!
- Fully assembled, the truck measures over 11cm high, 15cm long and 6cm wide
- Contains 200 pieces and comes with ice-cream lady and skateboarder minifigures, plus a dog figure
- Kids can help the ice-cream lady drive the truck, serve ice-cream cones and popsicles from the serving hatch and help the skateboarder perform cool tricks
Know a child who loves visiting ice-cream carts? Are they also interested in LEGO? Well, if they're like us, then we think we've got the perfect set to satisfy their sweet-toothed-construction needs!
Kids get to save the day by serving cool ice-cream cones and popsicles to sweltering LEGO City citizens in this colourful ice-cream truck! And with room inside for the ice-cream lady to work and drive, plus a skateboarding customer with a cute dog, there's plenty of scope for independent role-play fun.
This supercool LEGO® City Ice-Cream Truck playset doesn’t need batteries either – it’s powered by small kids with big imaginations, so the play can start right away.
Instructions Plus: A Interactive Building Experience
Also included with this experience is compatibility with Instructions PLUS; available in the LEGO Life app for smartphones and tablets. The easy-to-use digital instructions let builders zoom, rotate and visualise their creation using the special ghost mode as they go.
- H19 x W26 x D6cm
- Model name / number
- Number of pieces
- LEGO City
- Suitable From
- 5 years
- Toys Type
- Building Blocks
- Vans & Trucks
- Warning! Choking hazard - small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years old
The company that was destined to become LEGO started life as being a small workshop that produced wooden toys, run by Ole Kirk Christiansen in 1932. The name ‘LEGO’ was adopted in 1934, coming from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’, which means ‘play well’. It wasn’t until 1947 that they started producing plastic toys, with the first version of the now infamous interlocking bricks coming in 1949.
They weren’t quite the bricks that people are used to nowadays, being made from a different material and having a slightly different locking system. It was actually Christiansen’s son Godtfred Kirk that saw the potential for the bricks to become a tool for creative play and in 1958, the modern brick design was born. From this date, despite variation in the design and purpose of individual pieces over the years, each remains compatible in some way with previous pieces. So you could have a LEGO set from 1958 and it would still be completely compatible with a modern set.
Since the 1960, thousands of sets have been released covering everything from Aliens to the Wild West. The only area that the company has never tackled directly is military-themed sets, because Ole Kirk set a policy that they must never make war seem like child’s play. The largest ever LEGO set to date is a scale-model of the Taj Mahal, which was made out of 5922 pieces.
The LEGO Group's motto is ‘det bedste er ikke for godt’, which roughly translates to "only the best is the best". Ole Kirk Christiansen came up with this phrase to encourage workers to always produce the highest quality toys possible.
Nowadays, LEGO makes a vast range of toys for all ages, as well as teaching materials for children, which are distributed in over 130 countries. The company has approximately 10,000 employees and is the world's third largest manufacturer of play materials.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Collect your delivery from over 5000 local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Order before 10am to get same day evening delivery to addresses within London M25, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. Available 7 days a week, delivery between 7 – 10pm on a day of your choice. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day. Delivered by 100% electric vehicles.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.