The British Fashion Council have teamed up with Bags of Ethics to manufacture sustainable and reusable non-medical face coverings to use alongside existing social distancing measures.
This pack contains 3 reusable face coverings and 2 protective pouches from internationally acclaimed British designers; Julien Macdonald, RIXO and Liam Hodges.
Each face coverings has been made from GOTS certified organic cotton sateen with two layers of fabric, a nose-strip to create a snug fit around the nose and mouth, a filter panel (no filter provided), adjustable ear straps for comfort, and an anti-fog fit for glasses.
Suitable for sensitive skin, the print is made from non-toxic REACH compliant inks, and the protective pouches are made from upcycled fabrics.
The John Lewis Partnership will donate all of the profit plus VAT from the sale of this product across the following charities:
- NHS Charities Together - supporting NHS staff and volunteers caring for Covid-19 patients. Registered Charity No. 1186569.
- BFC Foundation Fashion Fund - helping creative individuals and small fashion businesses who need access to emergency funds. Registered Charity No. 1185152.
- Wings of Hope Children’s Charity - providing free education for children from poor and underprivileged backgrounds who are unable to access academic resources. Registered Charity No. 1099685.
How to use your removable covering
1. Place the covering on your face and loop the elastic bands over your ears.
2. Make sure it covers the top of your nose, and under your chin. Press down on the nose strip to adjust to a snug fit.
You should be able to breathe and talk, without the sides of the covering billowing.
3. After use, or once damp, remove the covering, and put in your protective pouch if you cannot wash it straight away. This prevents the spread of viruses onto other items.
4. Wash the covering after use, by hand or machine wash with soap or detergent. Make sure your soap foams properly.
5. Air dry your covering.
6. Reuse your covering. You should be able to reuse it at least 50 times.
7. If you want to add your own filter inside the covering - look for the panel to insert it in.
8. Don't fiddle with your covering when worn.
9. To recycle the covering (if you are no longer reusing it), cut the cotton panels - these are compostable. The elastic loops you'll need to check your local recycling.
How to care for your face coverings
- Wash and air dry before first use
- After use or once damp, remove, wash immediately and air dry
- Store in protective pouch if washing immediately is not available
- Hand wash with soap/detergent or machine wash up to 60°C
- Do not tumble dry, iron or dry clean
- Keep away from fire or a flame
Good to Know
This is an Adult facial covering and DOES NOT protect you from any virus or airborne disease. This facial covering is designed to reduce the transmission of vapour droplets, it is NOT a PPE or Medical mask.
Do not use this face-covering on young children under age 2; any person who has trouble breathing; and any person who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.