LEGO Creator 10265 Expert Ford Mustang Collector's Car
Product code: 73210107
- Suitable for ages 16 and upwards
- Authentic exclusive replica of a 1960s Ford Mustang with dark-blue bodywork and white racing stripes
- Special elements include 5-spoke rims, 2x8 brick with bow, 1x3 mustang logo tile, 2x4 bow with ‘GT’ mark and Ford Mustang V8 engine with many details
- Customisable with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler, a nitrous oxide tank and more
- Removable roof panel or door to access the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, mid-console gearshift and working steering
- Adjustable rear axle for a real mean look, plus a printed mustang grill badge, 2 GT emblems and a selection of license plates
A meaty 1960s icon of American culture, this LEGO Creator Ford Mustang GT model comes complete with all the details that made the original such a classic.
Featuring a bonnet scoop, printed mustang grille badge and GT emblems, the 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tyres were developed with input from Ford for that extra touch of authenticity. The bonnet lifts to reveal a big block 390 V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter detailing, while the inside comes fitted with vintage seats, working steering and a mid-console gearshift.
This advanced building set has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia and makes a great centrepiece for the home or office. An ideal gift for Ford Mustang fans.
- Country of Origin
- Czech Republic
- H28 x W48 x D11cm
- Lego Type
- LEGO Creator Expert
- Model name / number
- Number of pieces
- LEGO Hard to Find
- Suitable From
- 16 years
- Toys Type
- Choking hazard - not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts that may cause a choking hazard
The company that was destined to become LEGO started life as being a small workshop that produced wooden toys, run by Ole Kirk Christiansen in 1932. The name ‘LEGO’ was adopted in 1934, coming from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’, which means ‘play well’. It wasn’t until 1947 that they started producing plastic toys, with the first version of the now infamous interlocking bricks coming in 1949.
They weren’t quite the bricks that people are used to nowadays, being made from a different material and having a slightly different locking system. It was actually Christiansen’s son Godtfred Kirk that saw the potential for the bricks to become a tool for creative play and in 1958, the modern brick design was born. From this date, despite variation in the design and purpose of individual pieces over the years, each remains compatible in some way with previous pieces. So you could have a LEGO set from 1958 and it would still be completely compatible with a modern set.
Since the 1960, thousands of sets have been released covering everything from Aliens to the Wild West. The only area that the company has never tackled directly is military-themed sets, because Ole Kirk set a policy that they must never make war seem like child’s play. The largest ever LEGO set to date is a scale-model of the Taj Mahal, which was made out of 5922 pieces.
The LEGO Group's motto is ‘det bedste er ikke for godt’, which roughly translates to "only the best is the best". Ole Kirk Christiansen came up with this phrase to encourage workers to always produce the highest quality toys possible.
Nowadays, LEGO makes a vast range of toys for all ages, as well as teaching materials for children, which are distributed in over 130 countries. The company has approximately 10,000 employees and is the world's third largest manufacturer of play materials.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.